The Tipscow readers are constantly requesting for the steps to update android latest version software. So I am providing the steps below to update your android to the latest version. And would constantly keep this post updated with the latest steps to update android latest version.
How to update android latest version?
Go to Settings > About device > Software Update > Update
It will automatically check for updates.
If it is not downloading, deselect Wi-Fi only (this will download on your mobile data network).
My recommendation is to first connect to a Wi-Fi and then download (to save unnecessary mobile data charges).
Why update android latest version?
One would wonder why is there a need to update the android latest version when the phone is already functioning properly. Well, there are various reasons that the phone software should be updated to the latest version available.
While the Android owners ensure proper testing and quality check before they release the software to the users, the android updates usually contain the issues identified only after its release.
- Security: Vulnerable issues leading to hacking, stealing data, controlling the applications the way it works, etc.
- Power Management: Battery backup is a major factor when working on a mobile OS. The research and development department strives continuously to make the battery backup management better with the reviews from users and their own research.
- Application management: When and which applications be closed and which ones to keep running in background even when the application is not in use in the foreground.
- Memory Management: Freeing the memory when the application has actually closed but has not freed the memoryin such cases OS frees the memory which is known as garbage collection.
- Fixed issues: Some bugs are identified after the final release and when the users actually start using the software. Such issues are fixed in the further releases.
All or some of these factors are improved with every new android version released by Android owners. So, update your phone to the latest released android version.
Alternative to Android 4.2.2
For some phones where you are not allowed to update the Android version either because it is not supported or because the company stopped its manufacturing, you may want to check using Cyanogenmod. It is believed to have the similar features that the latest Android’s Jelly Bean provides. It may need you to have some technical information. I will soon post more details about this too but be careful before you do any updates to your phone (especially take a backup for easier recovery).
If you face any problems, comment below and I would be happy to help!