Looks like I need to now update my post about best smartphone with the new Samsung Galaxy S4 which is announced today and soon will be launching in April, 2013.
Well, the crown of best smart phone will be given to it only after reviewing it. As of today, we can think about it virtually or in videos & photos.
Samsung calls its new baby, the Samsung Galaxy S4, a life companion. Find out why!
The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be releasing out across 155 countries in April 2013.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Special Features:
Dramatize your photos with the Drama Shot
You can take multiple exposure photos, put them together and add a special dramatic effect to remember those memories in lively way.
Instantly, you can share the fun with your folks.
Every picture you take on the Samsung GALAXY S4 can come with sound. You can remember what was said, played & heard. It adds another layer to the world of phone photography.
You can create a sound system with the Samsung Galaxy S4. Just get your friends together and enjoy the music together with great sound effects. Putting all the Samsung GALAXY S4 phones of your friends together, create a powerful sound system and party harder!
Samsung Galaxy S4 allows you to connect wireless to other S4 phones to play games, share files.
Share what’s on your screen with others and see what they are having on their screen with the screen sharing options that comes with the ChatOn.
Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with the Translator. Now you won’t need to open a translator app separately or on web. Simply use your inbuilt app to translate! Not great, but fine!
Smart Pause / Smart Scroll
This is an intelligent feature of Samsung Galaxy S4. It will pause the video if you move your eyes away from screen and would resume it when you get your eyes back on to the screen. This feature is cool.
Also, it will automatically scroll the emails\websites when you tilt the phone! This is great, because many people have the habit of checking news, social on websites or emails when they are busy doing something else – like having their meal. They should be now happy to manage it with only one hand to browse the websites or check the emails and keep feeding through the other hand.
Air View / Air Gesture
Air view / Air gesture in the new Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone allows to use the phone without even touching it. You can browse websites, change music, increase volume, scroll through pictures, accept calls or operate the phone just by the motion of your hands on the screen – really smart. I really need this feature especially because I have the habit of using the phone while I am eating. I am sure this will be a coolest feature for others too. Your phone screen will be protected since you are not touching it physically.
Adapt Sound and Adapt Display are other new features that would adapt to the sound based on the preferences so it is not too loud when you are in silent area and that it is not too low when you are in a noisy area. Similarly, Adapt Display adjusts the brightness not only of the display while watching videos, etc. but also of the camera.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Specifications
- Network: 2.5G (GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE): 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz; 3G (HSPA+ 42Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz; 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50Mbps) : up to 6 different band sets(Dependent on market)
- Display: 5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- Processor: 1.9GHz quad-core processor / 1.6GHz octa-core processor (will differ depending on market)
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Rear Camera: 13 Mega pixel Auto Focus camera with Flash & Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- Front Camera: 2 Mega pixel camera, Full HD recording @30fps with Zero Shutter Lag, BIS
- Video: Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7/8, Sorenson Spark, HEVC; Recording & Playback: Full HD (1080p)
- Audio: Codec: MP3, AMR-NB/WB, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, WMA, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X
- Camera Features: Dual Camera: Dual Shot / Dual Recording/ Dual Video Call
Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, 360 Photo, Cinema Photo, Eraser, Night, Best Photo, Best Face,
Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports
- Additional Features: Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Document, Play Games
Story Album, S Translator, Optical Reader
Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View,
Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling)
S Travel (Trip Advisor), S Voice™ Drive, S Health
Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound
Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly)
Safety Assistance, Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring
Samsung KNOX (B2B only)
- Google Mobile Services: Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads, Voice Search
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS / GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE), IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity, Gesture
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16/ 32/ 64 GB User memory + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm, 130g
- Battery: 2,600 mAh
What do you think about this smartphone? Share your comments below.